Going to make this one. I love carrot cake.
Carrot Cake recipes are a good standby and the biggest upside is that they can’t collapse as a sponge cake can often do! Also the way to use up those carrots and bananas. Yes its always best to use fresh carrots but I hate to waste 🙂
- 50ml Sunflower oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 250g Self-raising wholemeal flour (wholemeal is best but any flour will work – but if you use GF flour remember to add 1tsp xantham gum and a little extra milk because GF flour is liquid hungry!)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 150g light brown sugar (dark will work or even white sugar if it’s all you have to hand)
- 60g Walnuts (chopped) If you have nut allergies to cater for substitute with sultanas or dried cranberries.
- 125g Grated Carrot
- 2 ripe Bananas (riper the better!)
- 2 Free Range eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk (more if…
View original post 212 more words